Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lake Michigan



















I took this picture on the shore of lake Michigan this weekend.
I live near this beach during the summer and am used to seeing it full of people and covered in sand. Right now it is completely buried in snow and there are mounds of ice built up from the waves. It is a completely different experience during the winter and I can hardly believe this is the same space I spend my sunny summer afternoons on.

I love the warm colors the sunset spread across the frozen layers. It was a beautiful view and this image makes it look far more inviting than it actually felt. Being surrounded by ice, dodging the wind and trying not to fall made taking photos a very uncomfortable and difficult experience.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the light and color, however I wish I could see more of the subjects face.

    ReplyDelete