Wednesday, March 3, 2010

stick to the shade













This photo is from the Hudson Branch show at the Bottom Lounge last weekend. I've seen these guys all over the place for the past year and the more chances I have to photograph them the easier it gets. It can be a challenge to photograph moving subjects when there is inadequate lighting, but these shows have been a good opportunity for experience.

Photography is such a personal practice to me. I want to sharpen my skills enough that I can keep quality memories from events in my own life. I love getting to look back through pictures with many stories associated with them. I want to have a detailed record of who my friends were, what they did, and what we did together. Photography is the perfect way of achieving this.

1 comment:

  1. Really nice image. The colors are great, especially in terms of describing this event. I like how your eye is led both by the 'height' of the subjects, and by the lights behind them.

    I agree, photographs are a great way to record things. For all the events I've forgotten in my short lived life, I have an image that is there to remind me.

    ReplyDelete