Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Suspended



I am still amazed at how nature seems to sing with every breath of breeze that passes by.

And in waiting, how gracefully each bit of creation rests.

This weekend I was able to go visit my family in South Carolina for Easter. Through their backyard there runs a small creek. Such a peaceful place --- I just wanted to capture that stillness and beautiful grace that hid there day in and day out, from the sun rising insistently each morning, until when it set with its warm afternoon glow. Yes, it sounds cliche to say all of this --- but I just truly felt that these images communicate things that, yes - we know - but, at the same time, sometimes forget to take as being beautiful - or patiently waiting, hidden, in someone's backyard. I feel that the colors in the above images are successful, and that they definitely create a mood and carry a rhythm.

1 comment:

  1. The soft colors and shallow depth of field really lend a peacefulness to these images.

    ReplyDelete