Tuesday, April 27, 2010

FireFly Away Home


Friday our school year concluded with the final gallery opening: the Juried Student Exhibition. I enjoy the lighting in this image, as well as its focus on the fact that Jake, a student, is the focal point, coupled with the fact that it's a student show. There is energy in the picture plane, even though the subjects and colors are limited. I am also intrigued by how the shadow seems to go in a completely different direction than Jake is, creating movement, and a type of dialogue between them.

As this year comes to a close, I am just finding myself extremely thankful for what God set in place throughout it that allowed me to be challenged constantly in who I thought I was as a person. I am finding that change is good, and growth is even better.

Have a wonderful summer, all! It has been a pleasure being in Photo 2 with you! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment