Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Japan Reflection, Continued

In my previous reaction to Japan, I used physical media (collaging, paint) to express how the people of Japan might be feeling, emphasizing on the emotion of distress and perhaps even pessimism towards their current situation. For this post, I wanted to again show how I think these devastated people may be feeling, but in a way that also instills a feeling of hope about the situation using digital media.

This is a photo of my friend Lara, who's parents are from the regions affected by earthquakes. This image shows solitude and loneliness that I assume many in Japan are experiencing and that they don't expect to disappear. However lonely and desperate a situation, it will eventually come to pass. Tomorrow will always come. And I hope that this image represents both those feelings of loneliness, but also hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment