Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dampener



This is a picture I took for my a project I'm doing for my sister. She's a middle school music teacher and she wanted a series that included shots of different instruments. This is an image of the dampeners inside of a piano. The repetition of the dampeners and the strings bring continuity to the image as well as an even visual weight. The composition is very dynamic which adds interest to it since instruments tend to be fairly commonplace, and sometimes uninteresting. I think the image being in black and white also adds to that, causing it to seem more dramatic than just an everyday object, which I think accomplishes the original goal to emphasize the importance of music.

1 comment:

  1. The black and white also adds a sense of mystery as the texture of the strings seems to be hiding something in the shadows underneath.

    ReplyDelete