Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Carrying On

I think that a general theme to my reactions that I've been posting is hope--hope of a change in the future that things will improve. I think that an attitude that many eventually adopt after a crisis is that life goes on and we must carry onward and make the best of it. I feel this attitude is usually beneficial, but it often takes time for this realization to set it, to see that this is your life and you're going to have to make do.

I chose this image of my best friend from a time when we were not in an ideal situation (lost, stranded, 8 states away from home), but we made the best of our predicament. I love the look on her face considering our circumstances. Sometimes you just need to move past the bad, otherwise you'll miss life. We have the here, we have the now, and this is our only chance at living.

No comments:

Post a Comment